The Republic of Collapse is a massive, safe nation, notable for its enslaved workforce, infamous sell-swords, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 4.149 billion Collapseans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38.5%.
The Collapsean economy, worth 219 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 52,980 lire, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
The fishing lobby has stemmed the tide of environmental regulations, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, the nation's soldiers often believe they're in the Air Force, and immigrant Maxtopians are routinely sold on popular internet auction sites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Collapse's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Collapse's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Collapse's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Collapse's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Collapse resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Collapse's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Collapse endorsed The Elven Realm of March of Maedhros.
- : Collapse relocated from Artificial Solar System to Middle Earth.
- : Collapse was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Collapse's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Collapse's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".