The Kingdom of Coldfield is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Edmund Meyer with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, soft-spoken computers, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.385 billion Coldfieldians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crownsville. The average income tax rate is 37.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Coldfieldian economy, worth 147 trillion Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 61,642 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Sheepball fields, the Coldfield Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Coldfield's national animal is the Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Coldfield altered its national flag.
- : Coldfield was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Coldfield's influence in Esportiva fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Coldfield's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Coldfield relocated from Neo esportiva to Esportiva.
- : Coldfield's influence in Neo esportiva fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Coldfield's influence in Neo esportiva fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Coldfield's influence in Neo esportiva fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Coldfield's influence in Neo esportiva fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Contender".
- : Coldfield's influence in Neo esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".