The Fractured States of Colbiia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Colbii with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 870 million Colbiians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vlad. The average income tax rate is 37.0%.
The powerhouse Colbiian economy, worth 76.8 trillion Colbiian Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,270 Colbiian Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Mathematicians are hated by children across the country, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, and the Forestry Department has decided you really can't fight fire with fire. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Colbiia's national animal is the Boston Terrier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Colbiia, the Forestry Department has decided you really can't fight fire with fire.
- : Following new legislation in Colbiia, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Colbiia, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government.
- : Following new legislation in Colbiia, mathematicians are hated by children across the country.
- : Colbiia changed its national leader to "President Colbii".
- : Colbiia changed its national motto to "From the ashes of civil war, we shall rise again".
- : Colbiia changed its national animal to "Boston Terrier", its capital to "Vlad", its currency to "Colbiian Credits", its demonym to "Colbiian", its leader to "President Colbiian", and its nation type to "Fractured States".
- : Colbiia altered its national flag.
- : Colbiia published "Long live the Imperium of Colbiia" (Bulletin: News).
- : Following new legislation in Colbiia, the government funds large training centres to turn Boston Terriers into functioning members of society.