The First People's Empire of Cogoria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Grigori Zhukov with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.169 billion Cogorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oktobergrad. The average income tax rate is 67.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cogorian economy, worth 402 trillion Cogors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 96,601 Cogors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, and it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Cogoria. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cogoria's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cogoria, it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Cogoria.
- : Following new legislation in Cogoria, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Following new legislation in Cogoria, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Following new legislation in Cogoria, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist.
- : Following new legislation in Cogoria, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'.
- : Cogoria was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Cogoria's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Cogoria relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Cogoria was refounded in Balder.
- : Cogoria ceased to exist in The North Pacific.