The First People's Empire of Cogoria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Grigori Zhukov with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, vat-grown people, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.626 billion Cogorians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oktobergrad. The average income tax rate is 64.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cogorian economy, worth 362 trillion Cogors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 100,063 Cogors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, and the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cogoria's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cogoria's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Cogoria relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Cogoria was refounded in Balder.
- : Cogoria ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Republic of Vyazmas.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Federation of Benolia.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Allied States of Albacria.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freienland.
- : Cogoria was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Wesley Republic.