|Animal||alien life form|
The Incorporated States of Cocktail Waitresses is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Doctor Benway with a fair hand, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.245 billion Cocktail Waitresses hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vending Machine. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The enormous but inefficient Cocktail Waitressing economy, worth a remarkable 1,736 trillion pogosticks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,181 pogosticks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, judges who serve for life or good behavior can expect to stay for a week, and coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cocktail Waitresses's national animal is the alien life form, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cocktail Waitresses endorsed The Empire of Kerethia.
- : Cocktail Waitresses voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Cocktail Waitresses endorsed The White with Envy of Boda.
- : Cocktail Waitresses was endorsed by The White with Envy of Boda.
- : Cocktail Waitresses was endorsed by The Empire of Kerethia.
- : Cocktail Waitresses was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and Most Inclusive.
- : Cocktail Waitresses voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Cocktail Waitresses voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Cocktail Waitresses voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Cocktail Waitresses was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".