|Capital||CLU CLU Land|
|Leader||Erisson I Hastur|
The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 32.261 billion CLUians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. The average income tax rate is 1.7%.
The frighteningly efficient CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 8,544 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an amazing 264,844 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
A third of CLUians are e-certified CEOs, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, the government's stance on marriage is 'Let CLUians marry themselves', and claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in CLU, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, the government's stance on marriage is 'Let CLUians marry themselves'.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, a third of CLUians are e-certified CEOs.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Northern Redlands".
- : CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Restrictions on Hydraulic Fracturing"".
- : Following new legislation in CLU, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Ravenhurstia.