|Capital||Belgian Blue City|
The Bovinian State of CLovidia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, flagrant waste-dumping, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 847 million CLovidians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belgian Blue City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.4%.
The frighteningly efficient CLovidian economy, worth 98.4 trillion human lives a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 116,121 human lives, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 886,818 per year while the poor average 4,159, a ratio of 213 to 1.
Survivors of attempted maternal infanticide are sentenced to live with their mothers forever, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, CLovidia has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados, and vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CLovidia's national animal is the 1337 CLovine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CLovidia was endorsed by The Distant Dreamer of Chimes.
- : CLovidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : CLovidia was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Following new legislation in CLovidia, vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam.
- : Following new legislation in CLovidia, CLovidia has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados.
- : Following new legislation in CLovidia, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Following new legislation in CLovidia, survivors of attempted maternal infanticide are sentenced to live with their mothers forever.
- : Following new legislation in CLovidia, a new "thought police" branch is being developed.
- : CLovidia endorsed The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : CLovidia endorsed The United Socialist States of North Comunist Awelanius.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Dead I Jack, Panormia, Zerentopia, Volsar, Florin, Unibot III, Emeseses, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Greater Cesnica, Aqueira, Collosuss, Delight, Razorback, Morover, Nation of Urie, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Lansaka, North Comunist Awelanius, Agalaesia, and Bormiar.