The Most Serene Republic of Clanzia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 527 million Clanzians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The very strong Clanzian economy, worth 34.8 trillion rubles a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Soda Sales. Average income is 66,076 rubles, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 342,676 per year while the poor average 6,903, a ratio of 49.6 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Clanzia's national animal is the swan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Clanzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Clanzia lodged a message on the APSIA Regional Message Board.
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Clanzia's influence in APSIA rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Clanzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Most Pro-Market, and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 10% for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Clanzia relocated from The South Pacific to APSIA.