The Democratic Republic of Chyriland is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 355 million Chyrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 60.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Chyrian economy, worth 10.5 trillion parinns a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 29,628 parinns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors are trying to diagnose diseases by looking at their patients' Snipchat pictures, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends, tourists visit Chyriland to mass-moon Chyrian politicians, and Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Chyriland. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chyriland's national animal is the Chyrian Dragonfly.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chyriland's influence in Thaecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Chyriland was endorsed by The Terrible Twos of Topores.
- : Chyriland was endorsed by The British Anime Colony of Cerdenia.
- : Chyriland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of United Zealandic.
- : Chyriland's influence in Thaecia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Chyriland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Following new legislation in Chyriland, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Chyriland.
- : Following new legislation in Chyriland, tourists visit Chyriland to mass-moon Chyrian politicians.
- : Chyriland was endorsed by The Despotic Reich of Kingdom of Bradonia.
- : Chyriland lost the endorsement of The Despotic Reich of Kingdom of Bradonia.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Andusre, Xernon, Lemonadia, Titanne, Greater Conexus, The deadline, Numengard, Fishergate, Anglo Europa, Islonia, Levantx, Ilefeb, Shoila, Behniastan, Creckelenney, United Zealandic, and Cerdenia.