The Democratic States of Chuddistan is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.228 billion Chuddis enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 78.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Chuddistanian economy, worth 171 trillion Chudds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,755 Chudds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes, convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, and Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chuddistan's national animal is the Terp, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chuddistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Chuddistan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Danera.
- : Chuddistan was endorsed by The Holy Jebist-Posadist Order of Dekks.
- : Chuddistan's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Chuddistan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Cuscatlan.
- : Chuddistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Chuddistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Chuddistan, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Chuddistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Chuddistan lost the endorsement of The Smeckledorfed Bois of Student Loan Debt.