The Republic of Chrysocalla is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The democratic population of 374 million Chrysocallans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 33.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Chrysocallan economy, worth 16.8 trillion quartzes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 44,929 quartzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Chrysocalla in search of swans, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chrysocalla's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chrysocalla's influence in The Coalition of Socialists fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Chrysocalla's influence in The Coalition of Socialists fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Chrysocalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Chrysocalla was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Costa Hermosa.
- : Chrysocalla's influence in The Coalition of Socialists fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Chrysocalla's influence in The Coalition of Socialists rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Chrysocalla relocated from Soviet Democracy to The Coalition of Socialists.
- : Chrysocalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Chrysocalla was endorsed by The Kingdom of Allied Hispaniola.
- : Chrysocalla was endorsed by The Sultanate of Puraykinia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Costa Hermosa.