|Leader||President Sebastian-August Leușteanu|
The Republic of Christian Terra is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Sebastian-August Leușteanu with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The compassionate, devout population of 2.646 billion Terrans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of București. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Christian Terran economy, worth 355 trillion Lei a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,479 Lei, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the Counter-Terrorism Unit has been nicknamed "Big Bad Wolf" for its tendency towards urban demolition, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, and the police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Christian Terra's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, the police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain.
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Christian Terra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, the Counter-Terrorism Unit has been nicknamed "Big Bad Wolf" for its tendency towards urban demolition.
- : Christian Terra was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, internet ads promising "hot singles in your area" are even less accurate than they used to be.
- : Christian Terra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Following new legislation in Christian Terra, money is being desperately pumped into the ruined economy.
Endorsements Received: 183 » Invernessia, Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Meropis, Yahlia, The New Nordic Union, Someseni, Trixeland, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Jim the Baptist, Ausvelt, Irminsulia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Quentenia, Valtrona, Super Happy Land, Lieges, Elisabethshagen, Grodisze, Nuweland, Nevelja, The Templar Papal New State, The Seven Provinces, Greater Icelandia, Anglo-Francios, Regnum Italiae, Chronus, The New Dawn Imperium, Brakanistan, Corsovica, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, The Scandinavian Realm, Mynox, Bareu, Titoist Yugoslavia, NorthPortugal, Wombelland, Monkistan, Northwest Isles, Pilipinas and Malaya, Nova Babilonia, Falvaard, An Clar, Apabeossie, and 133 others.United Communes of Chile, Kurfuerstentum Brandenburg-Mecklenburg, Canovium, New Eestiball, North of Americas, Durlia, Ostermarch, Gliesetonia, Leszno, Zulrich, Nardin, Maritzal, Chioganah, Thracia and Crimea, Nea Europa, South St Maarten, Greater Albaina, Weltbeherrschung, Anstorias, Amicities, Maalat, Umeria, Jahass, Imperium Anglorum, Noristoniaka, Krevazowanka, Outer Sparta, Godefargen, Lord Sapre, Khuravia, Greater Cebu, Robbonia, Estonesia, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Parliamentary Laramidia, Walfo, Elania Kingdom, St Scarlett, Atlantic Council, Lovisa, Velosia, Svodarska, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Kanokla, Bathera, Carignanum, Esvonia, Sloburg, Popaholick, Gutarike, Magyarostan, Othenhiem, Boldia, Nomaida, Creechdom, Eppur, Permorania, Fanadia, Girvage, Seristria, Europe a Nation, Wiener-Neustadt, Dauershire, Kardjali, Dipretorian, Et Pax Britannica, Quebris, Leranditale, Peoples Republic of Chinese Asia, The Pontic State, Savoy and Milan, Koenskyte, Soclania, The Federal States of Ezasao, Aroale, Shenny, Stumphosse Res, Ombran, Jawbreakeria, Savinecross, Mombourg, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Justosia, Ottterland, Croatia and Herceg-Bosna, Schiltia, Newex Nov Can, Alsted, Blanion Andion, Palemonid, Ostymandia, Saiwania, West Atone, Vale-Beacon, Belvanski, The New Mexican Confederation, Escalver, Marvingia, Nova Espana, Panversia, Salarnsia, Thebeytopia, Agausia, Berlin and Hanover, Theat ble Asialica, Ceplon, New Londons sphere of influence, Rary, Tschechisches Reich, United States of Russia1, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Felhaven, Heplon, Gorzi, Qroma, Balcem, Bazlak, Sicheslav, Leiningerland, Dunsteen, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Yazakhvanian Empire, Why are we hear, Konewa, Corsoaua, Armbruster, Broabant, Hessinau, Abeskaland, Vulxo, and Gotho.