The Republic of Chriona is a large, cultured nation, renowned for its soft-spoken computers, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 95 million Chrionans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Chrionan economy, worth 5.07 trillion Krions a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 53,419 Krions, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child, where there's a will there is usually a password manager, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chriona's national animal is the Sheba, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Chriona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child.
- : Chriona was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Chriona endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Gyp Land.
- : Chriona was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Gyp Land.
- : Following new legislation in Chriona, parents who fail mandatory parenting classes risk having their children taken away.
- : Chriona voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
Endorsements Received: 91 » Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Republic of Berzerkistan, BearStackof2015, Arcady-Asclepia, Imperial Akatsuki, Order of the saint Dumas, Rainbow Vests, Roliganistan, Khadah, Trimmania, Moewland, Drunken Seal Islands, Brotherland, Freedom Fascists, Headpat Central, Greater New Cassandra, Ridann, Taurora, VW53Aland, Kaigi, A Slanted Black Stripe, Unger under over, Chubaka, Blobbo, Lanagon, Euricanis, Bai Lung, Rythawelerzi, Wiranath, Wizardonia, Staynes, Grossvietnam, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mays Austrian Nation, Calbee, Stellar Colonies, CheeseBurrito, ReeK, Adavan, ArenaC, Flench, Modra, Slys Paws, Dragonia, Eagas, Kangarawa, Axdel, and 41 others.The Soviet Space Commie Union, The Almighty Country, H-Zhena, Riveraland, Dark Edgyness, Joundia, Elejamie, New Leganes, Under Sea Desert, Adolanta, CopyCato, Federated States of Zootron, Ripsylvania, The Death Syndicate, Survivoristan, BTProductions, BuciLand, Bullpups, Propwash, New Bradenia Ghost, Talitoa, Kelsyth, Rhealaliit, Cellar Doors, Am Echad, East Malaysia, Galve, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Tseriesiscoming, Santa Dystopia, Tretrid, Oofery, Evrigenis, CANZUK 1, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Libertanny, The island of Kiria, Refuge Isle, La xinga, and Gyp Land.