The Republic of Choushuu is a huge, safe nation, ruled by D'Argo Crichton with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, infamous sell-swords, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 986 million Roushis love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aizu Hanshi. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Choushuuan economy, worth 104 trillion Ryous a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 105,680 Ryous, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, sleeping on the job is recommended, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Choushuu's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Choushuu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Choushuu, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : Choushuu was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 60 » Davelands, A Slanted Black Stripe, Indovinesia, Fedele, H-Zhena, Roissyland, Yumaka, Izonno, Wiranath, VW53Aland, The Sacred Whale, Brotherland, Ridann, Lejon Stad, Marrico, Merlovich, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, Tim Stark, Solarfall, Bachtendekuppen, Socialist Holy American Empire, Republic of Berzerkistan, Bullpups, Hizuru, Axdel, The Holy Empire of Moronica, The Angel of Charity, The Romanum Legio, United China Nation, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Riveraland, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, Squid Ruinosa, British Calradia, Stellar Colonies, Someseni, Am Echad, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Astroa, and 10 others.Vultuca, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Kingdom of Pars, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, Roliganistan, The United Neo American Union, and The United Asian Republics.