The People's Republic of Chirab is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 655 million Chirabians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Welfare and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.5%.
The strong Chirabian economy, worth 38.9 trillion Rabs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 59,378 Rabs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 188,777 per year while the poor average 14,222, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
Nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, charity workers dole out hardtack from behind designer sunglasses, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Chirab's national animal is the falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chirab voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Chirab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Chirab's influence in Iveagh rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Chirab was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Chirab was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Chirab was endorsed by The United Duchies of Gal May.
- : Chirab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Chirab's influence in Iveagh rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Chirab was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
- : Chirab was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Gal May.