|Faith||a major religion|
The Zero Gravity of Chimes is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Queen Josephine with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.477 billion Chimesians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 92.2%.
The very strong Chimesian economy, worth 660 trillion winds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 77,953 winds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Pregnant women make easy targets, atheists and evolutionary biologists are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and children grow up long before the paperwork for their lemonade stands can be sorted out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chimes's national animal is the chime, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chimes lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Chimes changed its national nation type to "Zero Gravity".
- : Chimes altered its national flag.
- : Chimes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Chimes's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Chimes's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Chimes was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Chimes relocated from Balder to The Rejected Realms.
- : Chimes was refounded in Balder.
- : Chimes ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.