|Leader||Prime Minister Yuko Hayashi|
|Currency||New Chiho Yen|
The Commonwealth of Chiho is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Yuko Hayashi with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.676 billion Chihoese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chukyo. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chihoese economy, worth 986 trillion New Chiho Yen a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 173,757 New Chiho Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The parliament building has installed a revolving door, Chihoese police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment, and politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chiho's national animal is the Red Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chiho voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Challenging Sexually Exploitative Recordings"".
- : Chiho's influence in Selene rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Chiho voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Cashdeer".
- : Chiho voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Bail Conditions Arrangements".
- : Chiho endorsed The Free and Open Peoples of Franconia Empire.
- : Chiho's influence in Selene rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Chiho's influence in Selene rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Chiho relocated from Violetia to Selene.
- : Chiho voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Portugal de Esquerda".
- : Chiho voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Star Gazing Day".
Endorsements Received: None.