The Renmin Minzhu Zhuanzheng of ChiCon is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Chiconian People's Party with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 22.026 billion ChiConians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zhongnanhai. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient ChiConian economy, worth a remarkable 6,259 trillion yuan a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 284,164 yuan, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,754,827 per year while the poor average 19,949, a ratio of 88.0 to 1.
New urban roads are threatening city parks, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service, forecasts predict rains of loose lead and mortar shells for the next six weeks, and bars are packed at all hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. ChiCon's national animal is the panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the ChiConian Little Red Book.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, bars are packed at all hours.
- : ChiCon's influence in China rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, forecasts predict rains of loose lead and mortar shells for the next six weeks.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service.
- : ChiCon agreed to construct embassies between China and Japan.
- : ChiCon agreed to construct embassies between China and Realm of Canada.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- : ChiCon lodged a message on the China Regional Message Board.