|Leader||Harry Carry XXII|
The Holy Cow in Middle of Road of Chicago 9 is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Harry Carry XXII with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 6.854 billion Chicago 9ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chicago. The average income tax rate is 14.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Chicago 9ian economy, worth 215 trillion cheeborgers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Tourism. Average income is 31,421 cheeborgers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Long-wed spouses often regret proposals they made when they were twenty, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chicago 9's national animal is the billy goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is sports.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chicago 9, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Chicago 9, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- : Chicago 9 created a custom banner.
- : Chicago 9 altered its national flag.
- : Chicago 9's influence in Federation of Planets Headquarters rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Chicago 9's influence in Federation of Planets Headquarters rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Chicago 9, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Chicago 9 relocated from Balder to Federation of Planets Headquarters.
- : Chicago 9 was refounded in Balder.
- : Chicago 9 ceased to exist in Federation of Planets Headquarters.