The United States of Chernoslavia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 13.727 billion Chernoslavians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petrovich. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Chernoslavian economy, worth a remarkable 1,520 trillion Chernoslav Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 110,791 Chernoslav Dinars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 365,344 per year while the poor average 25,148, a ratio of 14.5 to 1.
Elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan, 'Coloniser-in-Chief' has become Leader's new moniker, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and governments opposing Chernoslavia are beset by rebels. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Chernoslavia's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chernoslavia altered its national flag.
- : Chernoslavia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Chernoslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Chernoslavia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Chernoslavia ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Chernoslavia's influence in Balder fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Chernoslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed, Most Subsidized Industry, and Most Developed.
- : Chernoslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Chernoslavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Influential, Most Cultured, and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Chernoslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.