|Currency||big boy bucks|
The Incorporated Conglomerates of Chemaki is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 21.649 billion Chemaks are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Chemak economy, worth a remarkable 3,074 trillion big boy bucks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 142,022 big boy bucks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,140,887 per year while the poor average 4,069, a ratio of 280 to 1.
Chemaki's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate, children spout "$$$$" involuntarily throughout the day, and all news sources are under strict government control. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Chemaki's national animal is the flying whippet, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is money.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chemaki's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Chemaki's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Chemaki's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Chemaki was refounded in Osiris.
- : Chemaki ceased to exist in A Modern World.
- : Chemaki was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Chemaki was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Chemaki was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Chemaki was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.