|Currency||big boy bucks|
The Incorporated Conglomerates of Chemaki is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.393 billion Chemaks are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Chemak economy, worth a remarkable 2,715 trillion big boy bucks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 140,017 big boy bucks, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 732,957 per year while the poor average 14,350, a ratio of 51.1 to 1.
Chemaki's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate, children spout "$$$$" involuntarily throughout the day, and all news sources are under strict government control. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Chemaki's national animal is the flying whippet, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is money.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Chemaki's influence in A Modern World rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Chemaki relocated from Lazarus to A Modern World.
- : Chemaki's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Chemaki's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Chemaki's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Chemaki's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".