|Leader||President Valsik Mujhaiv|
The Republic of Chedastan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Valsik Mujhaiv with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 12.674 billion Chedastanis are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marigorsk. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Chedastani economy, worth a remarkable 1,653 trillion CEDS a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 130,450 CEDS, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Women across the country are tying the knot, foreign countries consider stepping on their grass to be a serious offense, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, and the government seizes the property of the recently deceased. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chedastan's national animal is the Chedastani Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chedastan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Chedastan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Chedastan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Chedastan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Chedastan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Chedastan relocated from Urban Gaming Club to The Rejected Realms.
- : Chedastan was ejected from Urban Gaming Club by Estmond.
- : Chedastan's influence in Urban Gaming Club rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Following new legislation in Chedastan, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Chedastan, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.