The Republic of Cheap Thrills is a small, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 40 million Cheap Thrillsians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 34.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The fragile Cheap Thrillsian economy, worth 839 billion cheap thrills a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 20,981 cheap thrills, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cheap Thrills's national animal is the beat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cheap Thrills was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Cheap Thrills's influence in Refugia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Cheap Thrills's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Cheap Thrills's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Cheap Thrills was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Most Primitive and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights and Most Income Equality.
- : Cheap Thrills's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Cheap Thrills relocated from The North Pacific to Refugia.
- : Cheap Thrills was founded in The North Pacific.