|Leader||Emperor Joseph Valhiem|
The Empire of Charmera is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Joseph Valhiem with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 16.062 billion Charmerans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Char. The average income tax rate is 41.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Charmeran economy, worth a remarkable 2,398 trillion Viers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 149,343 Viers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Emperor Joseph Valhiem, when you fly on Air Charmera you win a seat or you die, and turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Charmera's national animal is the Wolverine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and Largest Governments.
- : Charmera was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.