The Borderlands of Charleotopia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Atticas Engstrom with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, vat-grown people, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.532 billion Nexus live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of District I. The average income tax rate is 65.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Nexus economy, worth a remarkable 1,432 trillion Neocoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 258,989 Neocoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society, the aphorism "there's no need to argue" has been dismissed by Nexus, and it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle. Crime is totally unknown. Charleotopia's national animal is the Extraterrestrial, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Humanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Charleotopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Charleotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Charleotopia's influence in The Redlands rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Charleotopia's influence in The Redlands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Charleotopia's influence in The Redlands rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Charleotopia altered its national flag.
- : Charleotopia relocated from Osiris to The Redlands.
- : Charleotopia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Charleotopia ceased to exist in The Redlands.
- : Charleotopia's influence in The Redlands fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".