The Grand Duchy of Chareest is a massive, safe nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 4.791 billion Chareestians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Chareestian economy, worth 281 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 58,712 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Smoking is banned in public areas, Chareest is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street", and Chareest City spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chareest's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Chareest was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, Chareest City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, a popular saying is "a chicken for every pot and an abortion clinic on every street".
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, Chareest is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Chareest voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Chareest was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Erinor, Tsunamy, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Techganet, Isokenzar, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Linguiniland, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, The Filippinas, Amerion, Aurcania, New Briantown, Tsvetania, Qvait, Mapico, Direwolf1, Aidenfieeld, Yeldarbsland, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Terran Draconia, Baltenlands, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Ebonhand, Marinho Islands, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, Myness, Midand, and 39 others.Andinla, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Merevane, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Alfama, Zataras, Nowa Europa, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Royaltica, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Holota, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Levistian, Wallechi, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Gonrati, New Belgrade, Dai Han, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.