|Leader||Provisional State Administration|
|Animal||Short-toed Snake-Eagle Bird|
The Independent Maleonian States of Channel Union is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Provisional State Administration with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.421 billion Maleonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Solovikia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Maleonian economy, worth 291 trillion Maleocoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 205,236 Maleocoins, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,412,583 per year while the poor average 10,619, a ratio of 133 to 1.
Chewing tree bark proves to have limited value during childbirth, it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Channel Union's national animal is the Short-toed Snake-Eagle Bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Channel Union is ranked 4,162nd in the world and 57th in the Pacific for Most Avoided, scoring 260.77 on the Kardashian Reflex Score.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Channel Union published "Monarchist Party of Maleonia" (Account: Other).
- : Channel Union published "Christian Maleonian Agrarian Party" (Account: Other).
- : Channel Union published "Social Protestant Federation of Maleonia" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in Channel Union, even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious.
- : Channel Union published "History of Maleonia" (Factbook: History).
- : Following new legislation in Channel Union, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Following new legislation in Channel Union, it's a long jump to get onto the housing ladder.
- : Channel Union was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Channel Union, chewing tree bark proves to have limited value during childbirth.
- : Following new legislation in Channel Union, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project.