The Free Land of Cham Cha is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 780 million Cham Chans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 60.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cham Chan economy, worth 39.5 trillion Chas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 50,660 Chas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Turning the other cheek is accompanied by a polite letter of complaint, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cham Cha's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cham Cha was endorsed by The Left-Libertarian Republic of Enlil.
- : Cham Cha was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Talakra.
- : Cham Cha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Cham Cha endorsed The Welfarist Vizierdom of Pakitsk.
- : Following new legislation in Cham Cha, being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Cham Cha, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Cham Cha was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Cham Cha, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- : Following new legislation in Cham Cha, turning the other cheek is accompanied by a polite letter of complaint.
- : Cham Cha endorsed The Rogue Nation of Agadbudawa.
Endorsements Received: 47 » VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Axdel, Debluu, New Era states, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, A mean old man, Layngderfleethe, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, ArenaC, Staynes, Brotherland, Veterans Association, Cacnesia, Aquyia, Dahom, Dragons Blood, Pirnovo, New Leganes, North Bernia, Spiruvania, Dravida India, Cafe Hell, Northern Celavon, Hizuru, Greater New Cassandra, Aivintis, Eastern Alksearia, The Atlae Isles, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Edwardsport, Formaro, Modra, Nazarewycz, Cellar Doors, Nereua, Wallenburg, From New World, Canadian Technocrats, BearStackof2015, Kandorith, MikGonnia, Agadbudawa, Talakra, and Enlil.