|Currency||Cerillium Economic Unit|
The Truculent Red Madhouse of Cerillium is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, compulsory military service, and national health service. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 13.938 billion Cerian enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genero. The average income tax rate is 37.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cerian economy, worth a remarkable 1,111 trillion Cerillium Economic Units a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,768 Cerillium Economic Units, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
A determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cerillium's national animal is the Nandermous, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Logic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Cerillium's influence in Madhouse Productions rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Cerillium's influence in Madhouse Productions rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Cerillium's influence in Madhouse Productions rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Cerillium's influence in Madhouse Productions rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Cerillium relocated from Balder to Madhouse Productions.
- : Cerillium's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Cerillium's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Cerillium's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Cerillium's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".