The Truculent Red Madhouse of Cerillium is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Council with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 17.14 billion Cerian enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genero. The average income tax rate is 35.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cerian economy, worth a remarkable 1,391 trillion Economic Units a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,157 Economic Units, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
A determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cerillium's national animal is the Nandermous, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Logic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Cerillium was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Empire of Jyggalag, infecting 1 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors, Most Zombified, and Most Dead.
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Cerillium's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Cerillium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.