The Free Land of Ceou is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.206 billion Ceouans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ceouville. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Ceouan economy, worth 97.2 trillion compliments a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 80,567 compliments, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown. Ceou's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ceou's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ceou's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ceou's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ceou's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ceou was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Ceou was refounded in Balder.
- : Ceou ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ceou was endorsed by The Heerlijk Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands.
- : Ceou was endorsed by The Kingdom of Destroedor.
- : Ceou was endorsed by The ◇Hotel Lala Vice Commander◇ of Yukkira.