The United Socialist States of Catsonya is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 550 million Catsonyans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 82.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Catsonyan economy, worth 48.1 trillion Credit Points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 87,475 Credit Points, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, treason is relative, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, and computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catsonya's national animal is the Cyber-Cats, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Catsonya, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Catsonya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Catsonya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Catsonya, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Catsonya, treason is relative.
- : Catsonya endorsed The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Following new legislation in Catsonya, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Catsonya, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Catsonya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Catsonya was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Erinor, Mapico, Amerion, The Worst army of, Anserisa, Aumeltopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Kringalia, Madreia, Tsunamy, Barabarom, Xandev, Holy Free, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Gonrati, Land Without Shrimp, United Echo, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, West Pastafaria, Qawe, Humanity bureau, Farengeto, Volaworand, Marinho Islands, Rabbitz, Weburya, Starsight, Shefino, Eskvenn, Sau Man Frescher, Compli, ChickenDome, Laamiva, Auphelia, Kandorith, Kervanosia, Tsvetania, The Filippinas, Qvait, Matak Tribes, Bawkie, Well F, Rhetiaa, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Jehenna, Purple Hyacinth, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, and 20 others.LaVuxxe, Enplatia, Yeldarbsland, Ovkianos, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Markla, Kedjens, Belschaft, Concrete Slab, Efferalt, Catillos, B H A R A T, Namhines, Coadjuthen, Gecetesse, Hanguk-Nippon, The Tecorogan Federation, and Ebonhand.