The Oppressed Peoples of CatBot is a very large, orderly nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 128 million CatBots are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped a CatBot economy, worth 3.22 trillion Hits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 25,170 Hits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CatBot's national animal is the Region, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CatBot's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : CatBot changed its national currency to "Hit", its demonym to "CatBot", its demonym adjective to "a CatBot", and its motto to "GO".
- : CatBot relocated from The North Pacific to The East Pacific.
- : CatBot's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : CatBot was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector, Most Authoritarian, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : CatBot altered its national flag.
- : CatBot was founded in The North Pacific.