The Kingdom of Castlewood is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sir Andrew I with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.715 billion Castlewoodians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castlewood City. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Castlewoodian economy, worth 202 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 118,348 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and money always talks but the taboo subject of death just brings silence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Castlewood's national animal is the Karl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Castlewood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Castlewood was endorsed by The I-Empire of AdyLand.
- : Castlewood was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Pits and Perverts.
- : Following new legislation in Castlewood, money always talks but the taboo subject of death just brings silence.
- : Following new legislation in Castlewood, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Castlewood, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Castlewood, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Castlewood, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- : Castlewood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Gest"".
- : Castlewood endorsed The Republic of Shadowrik.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Yaorozu, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Enosville, The Sanada Clan, Mercy Land, Malta Comino Gozo, Siwale, Shadowrik, Notyoutopia, Omicron Persei V111, Kaschovia, Coemgen, ABC, Pallaith, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Frances Francis the First of France, Empy, Puczovska, Selfgradatude, Flooforia, Sankami, Reannia, Alice Gardens, Ovsterland, General COE, SillyString, Bharathvarsh, Wicheye, HMS Unicorn, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Wineclaw, Merconitonitopia, Faxfleet, Kingdom of Space, Cleoskye, Necromonia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, WE Empire, Anima Proxa, and 25 others.American MapleStory, Southern Stroraia, Kizja, Religioncord, Zedeya, Kobagia, Lamexanope, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Maestros haven, Sheppey, Plembobria, Titan, Korsbar, Zemnaya Svoboda, Prevaland, Erfworld, Beowulfe, Eskosya, Yaris, Aenglaland, Pits and Perverts, and AdyLand.