|Leader||King Carlos III|
The Kingdom of Castleon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Carlos III with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 4.304 billion Castleonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Madrid. The average income tax rate is 55.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Castleonian economy, worth 224 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 52,094 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks, women who can do math in their head are burned for witchcraft, demand for gourmet white truffles is on the rise, and the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Castleon's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Castleon's influence in Union of Modern States rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Castleon relocated from Balder to Union of Modern States.
- : Castleon altered its national flag.
- : Castleon was refounded in Balder.
- : Castleon ceased to exist in United coalition of free nations.