|Leader||Emperor Thatcher Mayes|
The United Imperial Republic of Castigonia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Thatcher Mayes with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 19.803 billion Castigonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eaglewood City. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Castigonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,079 trillion Kirabuckian castis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,536 Kirabuckian castis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, the media have begun calling the government treasury "Emperor Thatcher Mayes's stash", nothing gets the party jumping like Emperor Thatcher Mayes specifying how high, and party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Castigonia's national animal is the Castigonian Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sibarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Castigonia's influence in The Respected Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Castigonia's influence in The Respected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Castigonia's influence in The Respected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Castigonia relocated from Osiris to The Respected Realms.
- : Castigonia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Castigonia ceased to exist in The Respected Realms.
- : Castigonia lodged a message on the The Respected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Castigonia's influence in The Respected Realms rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Castigonia, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in Castigonia, nothing gets the party jumping like Emperor Thatcher Mayes specifying how high.