|Leader||King Urūs I|
The Dragon Empire of Casom is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Urūs I with a fair hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.126 billion Casomnians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yabârel. The average income tax rate is 71.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Casomnian economy, worth 933 trillion pynles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 114,900 pynles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', childish pranks are no laughing matter, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new, and wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Casom's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Dragonian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Casom's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Casom altered its national flag.
- : Casom's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Casom's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Casom's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Casom was refounded in Osiris.
- : Casom ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Casom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Casom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Casom's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".