The Solar Authority of Casl is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Dude In Charge with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed population of 13.032 billion Caslites enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Defense, and Industry are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Casl City. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Caslian economy, worth a remarkable 1,837 trillion Vols a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,965 Vols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Casl's national animal is the Asun, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Casl was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Casl changed its national leader to "The Dude In Charge".
- : Casl endorsed The Puddle Jumping Wads of Wrapper.
- : Casl voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Nuclear Armaments".
- : Casl was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Casl applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Casl's influence in Stargate fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Casl's influence in Stargate rose from "Zero" to "Dealmaker".
- : Casl lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- : Casl relocated from Osiris to Stargate.
Endorsements Received: None.