|Leader||Premier Kirkland Ricker|
The Democratic States of Cascadia and Columbia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Kirkland Ricker with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.029 billion Cascadians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vancouver. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cascadian economy, worth 874 trillion Cascadian pounds a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,927 Cascadian pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', Premier Kirkland Ricker's family members carry literal get-out-of-jail-free cards, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods", and no suburban lawn is complete without barbed wire and landmines. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cascadia and Columbia's national animal is the woodpecker, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cascadia and Columbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Cascadia and Columbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Cultured, Largest Retail Industry, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Cascadia and Columbia was refounded in Balder.
- : Cascadia and Columbia ceased to exist in Roleplay Union The Americas.
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Roleplay Union The Americas rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Cascadia and Columbia's influence in Roleplay Union The Americas rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".