The Kingdom of Caruolinda is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.661 billion Caruolindans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.9%.
The very strong Caruolindan economy, worth 120 trillion panetas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 72,439 panetas, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Caruolinda's national animal is the tardigrade.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caruolinda's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Caruolinda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Caruolinda's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Caruolinda's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Caruolinda's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Caruolinda changed its national motto to "Main Nation: Confederation of the Equator".
- : Caruolinda was refounded in Osiris.
- : Caruolinda ceased to exist in The purgatory.
- : Caruolinda's influence in The purgatory rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Caruolinda relocated from Aeia to The purgatory.