The Empire of Cartionia is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 404 million Cartionians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Cartionian economy, worth 31.3 trillion Solars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 77,421 Solars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay, and courtrooms can be a little sketchy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cartionia's national animal is the unicorn, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, hammer and sickle-wielding space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Cartionia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Cartionia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense.
- : Following new legislation in Cartionia, ersatz chicken has left the nation's citizens with a bad taste in their mouths.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Tepertopia, Amerion, Holota, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Erinor, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Beepee, Farengeto, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Scu Greinne, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Conexia, Yeses, Belschaft, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Eternal Memedom, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ipugao, Treir, and The Langburn Islands.