The Empire of Carpia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Seabass Hi with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.082 billion Carpians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karpia City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Carpian economy, worth 508 trillion gold dolars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 124,622 gold dolars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 526,562 per year while the poor average 19,082, a ratio of 27.6 to 1.
Most people learn to drive on crash courses, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them, and no animal is considered endangered if there's another that looks kind of like it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Carpia's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Southern Baptism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Trustworthy Founder of ACS Founder renamed the office held by Carpia from "Secretary of Defense" to "Minister of Defense" in Allied Conservative States.
- : Carpia was endorsed by The Unified Golden Provinces of Colfes.
- : Carpia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Judisdict.
- : Carpia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Carpia was endorsed by The Federated States of Trillmore.
- : Carpia endorsed The Republic of Vetiaca.
- : Carpia was endorsed by The Holy Confederacy of New Jakobly.
- : Carpia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Carpia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Carpia altered its national flag.