The Empire of Carphelia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Amaia Angel with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 6.165 billion Carphelians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valesya. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Carphelian economy, worth a remarkable 1,194 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 193,826 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are often punished for the sins of the fathers, gambling is outlawed, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Carphelia, and a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carphelia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carphelia was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Carphelia was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Carphelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Carphelia.
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Carphelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Carphelia, the government is hungry to spread communism beyond the nation's borders.
Endorsements Received: 95 » The New Nordic Union, The Seven Provinces, Ahma, Slavorussia, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Troltovia, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, An Clar, Einswenn, Saint Domingo, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, Feria-Alkaline, Lexembourg, Wombelland, Sinclairtown, Outer Sparta, Regnum Italiae, Imperium Anglorum, North of Americas, Irminsulia, Alsted, St Scarlett, Pilipinas and Malaya, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Rouvenor, The Mongol Plain, Super Happy Land, Lovisa, Pazano, Nardin, Bohomo, GanymedEuropa, Leszno, Chioganah, Kaspinia, Dorpz, Death Bat, Miharr, South St Maarten, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, The Champions League, Germany Third Reich, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Republic of Satherland, and 45 others.Leranditale, Beauprix, Apabeossie, Estonesia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Socialist Balkans, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Purgatio, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, Lumitauka, Gingera, Arsenial, Daneforth, Permorania, Elisabethshagen, Novo Portugal, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Mallesia, Stromia, Neuchateau, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Walfo, British Norklon, The Wretched of this Earth, Rijland, Lord Sapre, The Fair Republic, Treehound, Adsuri, Enway, Eesenland, Legique, Kanokla, Brakanistan, Shagolaa, The Pagan Moon, Sienkahn, Elitestland, The Anrica, Continental Social Democrats, and Riverpost.