The Confederacy of Carpetania-Olcadia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 709 million Carpetolcadians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Magerit. The average income tax rate is 23.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Carpetania-Olcadian economy, worth 49.8 trillion Maravedís a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 70,214 Maravedís, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and Carpetania-Olcadia has designated Magerit as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carpetania-Olcadia's national animal is the Wild Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Carpetania-Olcadia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Carpetania-Olcadia's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Carpetania-Olcadia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 59 » Qvait, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Tepertopia, Bartonia Nova, Nowa Europa, Phanama, Bawkie, Armonitopia, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, New Briantown, Marinho Islands, Amerion, Volaworand, Ebonhand, Farengeto, Wehraboos, Tsunamy, Treir, Crystal Creation, Aumeltopia, Kandorith, Erinor, Synarion, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Purple Hyacinth, Rebel-topia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Auphelia, Wakandan Tribes, Scu Greinne, Margila Islands, Holota, Canmore, Qawe, Doundaly, The Altan, Seythennia, Beepee, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Euro Pacifica, NIGHTRAY, and 9 others.Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.