The Oligarchy of Caro1inia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by John dover with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.362 billion Caro1anins are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Þæþþïł. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.6%.
The very strong Caro1anin economy, worth 129 trillion Dasans a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 95,204 Dasans, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies, movie references are legally admissible in court, and former public radio talk pundits are being deployed to front line war zones. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caro1inia's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Cæłïğřmæñæßm.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caro1inia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Caro1inia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Caro1inia, former public radio talk pundits are being deployed to front line war zones.
- : Caro1inia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Caro1inia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Caro1inia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Following new legislation in Caro1inia, movie references are legally admissible in court.
- : Following new legislation in Caro1inia, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Following new legislation in Caro1inia, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Caro1inia, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall.
Endorsements Received: 61 » New Leganes, Albrook, VW53Aland, Aivintis, A mean old man, Fellon, Marrabuk, Asendavia, Dragons Blood, Layngderfleethe, East Malaysia, Hizuru, Veterans Association, The Three States of Fortuna, Axdel, Thurland, Elejamie, Vannington, Agave, Kaigi, Evrigenis, Goodnamesarerare, Romanoddle Republic, Mardom, Shavara, Grossvietnam, Pakitsk, The 7th Coalition of Alba, Enlil, United China Nation, Roissyland, Brotherland, Bogliqia, Nevertopia, Order of the Saint Dumas, Kilkire, Tassirion, Republic of Restaks, The Marlands, Empire of Dabiristan, Indamish, BearStackof2015, Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Blobbo, Land of Corporations, Nociav, Frankinstan, Chesstitans, Rainbow Vests, and 11 others.Isole Ionie, Modra, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Shauvania, New Sandsnionion, Preat, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, Wiranath, Money for ever, and Loreintor.