The Royal City-State of Carmini is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Juliana I with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ritual sacrifices, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.445 billion Carminians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amaranth. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Carminian economy, worth a remarkable 1,663 trillion carins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 196,964 carins, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,169,551 per year while the poor average 15,243, a ratio of 76.7 to 1.
Celebrity foodies are biting a huge chunk out of the government budget, one of the most popular models in Carmini has a scarred face and one working eye, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, and tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Carmini's national animal is the flamingo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carmini's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Carmini was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Carmini was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 5% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Carmini was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Carmini's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Carmini's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Carmini was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Carmini's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Carmini, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
- : Following new legislation in Carmini, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.