|Leader||Emperor Georg II|
The Empire of Carlswald is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Georg II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.232 billion Carlswalder are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carlsbad. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Carlswalder economy, worth a remarkable 1,567 trillion Reichsmarks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 216,716 Reichsmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Where your food came from is an unknowable mystery, teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house, religion makes people horny, and Emperor Georg II's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Carlswald's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carlswald was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Carlswald was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Carlswald voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Carlswald voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Carlswald, Emperor Georg II's relatives have been married into the royal families of foreign nations against their will.
- : Following new legislation in Carlswald, religion makes people horny.
- : Following new legislation in Carlswald, teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house.
- : Carlswald was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Carlswald was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Carlswald's influence in Hartfelden rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".