The Grand Duchy of Caribbea AU is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 499 million Caribbeans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 37.1%.
The Caribbea AUian economy, worth 21.9 trillion francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Furniture Restoration, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,908 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned and collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caribbea AU's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caribbea AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Caribbea AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Caribbea AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Caribbea AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Caribbea AU altered its national flag.
- : Caribbea AU changed its national demonym to "Caribbean".
- : Caribbea AU relocated from Osiris to Alternate Earth.
- : Caribbea AU was refounded in Osiris.
- : Caribbea AU ceased to exist in Alternate Earth.
- : Caribbea AU's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".