|Leader||Nathalie du Pres|
The Peacock Theocracy of Carevium is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Nathalie du Pres with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 4.282 billion Careves have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 17.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Cares economy, worth 222 trillion Francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,895 Francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
A suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, Nathalie du Pres's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide, all fantasy fiction has officially been deemed non-canon, and cars are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carevium's national animal is the Peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carevium's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Carevium's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Carevium relocated from Sierpinski to The Rejected Realms.
- : Carevium was ejected from Sierpinski by The Holy Empire of Sierpinski.
- : Carevium altered its national flag.
- : Carevium changed its national animal to "Peacock" and its nation type to "Peacock Theocracy".
- : Carevium's influence in Sierpinski fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Carevium's influence in Sierpinski fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Carevium's influence in Sierpinski fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Carevium's influence in Sierpinski rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".