The Federation of Carates is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 433 million Caratesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pacifico. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Caratesian economy, worth 40.0 trillion Caratesian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 92,468 Caratesian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Caratesians any less frightened, and police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Carates's national animal is the Honeybee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Carates, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in Carates, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Caratesians any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Carates, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Carates, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Carates voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Carates, stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations.
- : Carates was endorsed by The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
- : Carates's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Carates, military barracks resemble five-star hotels.
- : Following new legislation in Carates, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Asendavia, A mean old man, East Scavenduky, Republic of Berzerkistan, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Greater New Cassandra, Axdel, Namaste Isle, Oofery, Zukchiva, Marrabuk, and Ridann.