|Capital||The BattleStar Galactica|
The Battlestar Galactica of Captain Apollo is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 18.671 billion Colonists hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The BattleStar Galactica. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Colonial economy, worth a remarkable 1,485 trillion Cubits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,548 Cubits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, visitors to Violet Rock City are stunned to learn that they must memorize the "99 Principles" before entering, the diplomatic corps stinks, and edutainment video games are taking Captain Apollo's students to the next level. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Captain Apollo's national animal is the Cylon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Captain Apollo was endorsed by The Automatic Autocracy of Honeydewistania.
- : Captain Apollo was endorsed by The Republic of Sutnailag.
- : Captain Apollo was endorsed by The Kingdom of Debussy.
- : Captain Apollo's influence in Lazarus rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Captain Apollo withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".
- : Captain Apollo submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"".
- : Captain Apollo was endorsed by The Kingdom of Caybow.
- : Captain Apollo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Captain Apollo was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Snoodum.
- : Captain Apollo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Aflana, Mzeusia, Aaecilia, Inceptio, The Sigometh Dynasty, Aigania, Cossack Peoples, Capercom, Steel Vagabonds, Courlany, Auralon, Domais, Guiness Freaks, The Salvation States, Nargorthia, Leonism, Pama Freeza, Lazarene Ryccia, Quest Ce Que Cest, Bobs raider puppet, Aguaria Major, Surd, Custadia, Snoodum, Caybow, Debussy, and Honeydewistania.